Did you know that the board of trustees of one of Pleven’s most impressive churches – the Church of the Holy Trinity – made donations to support the students at the theological seminaries of Plovdiv and Sofia, poor families, the Red Cross, and numerous school canteens? And what about the history of the church? Before, this was the location of an older church with a monastic school, which existed until 1902. The construction of the new one was largely due to the efforts of the church board, the municipal council and prominent public figures from the city of Pleven. It was with their donations, the voluntary work of local citizens and the support of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs that today’s church was built. Work began in 1892, and the first Divine Liturgy was served in 1898. Although the parishioners were mostly poor people, they managed to collect money to pay for some of the icons. The lack of funding, however, detained the sanctification of the church until 1912. For the same reason icon painting took place only in 1946.